Oscarcrow's Page on FaceBook

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Reproducing an Angel

This little ceramic piece came to me from Germany. It seems to be the mock up  for a holy water font. I like to reproduce and then recreate new pieces from such examples. In this case the first step is to make a mold from mold putty. I am using Alumilite brand. You use equal parts of the two colors and mix them together in your hands for 1.5 minutes until the color is uniform. Then you can mold the putty over the original and let it set for at least 30 minutes.



The top was what I wanted to reproduce this time and so it is covered in the putty and left to cure.
Here is the mold ready for the next step...it could be a cast in Ice Resin with Bronze Coloring or perhaps a cast with liquid clay or slip...or perhaps just plaster of paris so I can refine the form. Next time I will show each of these and more.




No comments:

Post a Comment